Friday, October 5, 2007

Towards Texada


Although most poetry makes my butt suck wind, I nevertheless actually wrote a poem. The inspiration for the poem was the painting of the same name (shown on left) by a friend and fellow writer named Sofie. I hope it doesn't cause too much of an internal rectal breeze for you.

Toward Texada

Texada sits in moist shimmer
A verdant emerald
A cluster of hills raised in celebration of her homecoming

Her chilled eyes probe the land
From the far side of the lake
Searching for the childhood left behind

She’s been moving towards Texada
The day she moved away
Circular motion, a fool’s errand

A step from the shore, cold memories embrace her ankles
A second step
The familiar touch of chaos grips her mind

With the third step, she is swimming toward Texada
Bold, slow strokes
She pulls the future behind her


2 comments:

Tess N. said...

I am impressed. Untapped gift here-- but I am not surprised. Nope. Give it more "goes," Miguel. Definitely worth a deeper drink from the ancient spring.

Suzanne said...

"A cluster of hills raised in celebration of her homecoming" ... love that line!

But Wait! There's more great lines......but I won't bother listing them here. I'll just say, I don't know the ins and outs of poetry, but I know what I like to read....and this I like.

Blog Information Profile for emmuttmax